Thursday 15 December 2011

Taiwanese Cabbage!

As a member of a frequently mis-and-underrepresented people, I am always excited (and wary) when I see some form of the word "Taiwan" anywhere. But Taiwanese cabbage at superstore in the Bush - nothing wrong with that! Let me at it! 
I don't see it...
Clearly I, or Superstore, or both of us have no idea what a Taiwanese cabbage is. From this display, I would think it was a white carrot, but different from a daikon. Except that I thought a Taiwanese cabbage was a cabbage. Because we eat cabbage all the time. Delicious stewed and salty plain cabbage... mmmm. What's going on? Damn you superstore... this is like when you had the sign for fresh mint over the parsley, and made me furiously dig under everything looking for fresh mint, when clearly there was never any to be had. 

The end.
Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. We are always misunderstod and misidentified, even in vegetable form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes us strong and defiant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably a vegetable from Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IDIOTS!!! have you written a strongly worded letter to the management? it worked in the 'shire market that was displaying vegetarian products in the veal section of the meat cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate did that happen at Market Basket or Hannaford?

    ReplyDelete