Wednesday 2 November 2011

Well played

You're right, it's not all landfills and parking lots here. There are also some nice spots that I discovered around town. Here are a few:

mini arboretum at the art gallery 


University Bridge - 
Anytime you see a picture of the "city" of Saskatoon, it usually has this bridge in it,  
although I doubt any of you have ever seen a shot of Saskatoon.


historic Berry Barn, right?


And Saskatoon's all-time Number One amazingest spot:

...And cut by Sir John A MacDonald. Lucky stone!

I bet Calgary has a stone laid by Pierre Elliot Trudeau, rockstar of Canadian politics. Damn Calgary gets all the good stuff. Did you know that Calgary is Saskatoon's arch nemesis? 

5 comments:

  1. Where is the city in that photo of broadway bridge? And we've already seen the berry barn.
    I want further documenting of the sask-calg rivalry. Also, I request a post on a trip to Regina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try to work the berry barn into the blog as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sask-Calgary rivalry is completely one-sided. It's like Queens and McGill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe you should get a part-time job there.

    ReplyDelete